Wednesday, November 20, 2013

11.19.12 {week 17}

SURPRISE LETTER!

So.  Family.  Let me explain why you're getting a random email at 6 in the morning on a Tuesday.  I'M GOING TO AN OPERA AT LA SCALA TONIGHT.  Okay, so it's not for sure for sure 100% for sure, but we're freakin' out.  So basically, last p-day Sorelle McPeek and Harward visited from Monza again and Sorella Harward just knew there was some way for this to happen.  So we made a last ditch effort and went to the ticket office again and the guy was like, "Yeah, whenever there's a performance, they save 140 tickets and then the afternoon of that day you come stand in a line and try to get your name on a list and blah blah italian words blah..."  SO.  The four of us got special permission from President to be the guinea pigs for this.  So we switched our P-day, because tonight is the last night of Aida, and here we are!  So we just came from getting our names on a list (number 74!) and then Sorella P needs to go to the dentist and then we'll go back at 4:30 and they'll call out the names and we'll hopefully get tickets and then at 7:30 we will (hopefully) be IN LA SCALA WATCHING AN OPERA.  We're pretty stoked.  :)  I'll definitely have pictures next week.  Ah, I love Italy!

But!  More important than any of this....N. IS OFFICIALLY A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH!  :)  Okay, I really need to cool it with the caps lock.  I'm just really excited about everything, I guess.  The baptism was perfect!  And we didn't even have to boil pots and pots of water because the water heater magically works now!  Thank goodness!  N. and her family showed up at the church, like, an hour before the baptism - she was so excited.  And then the time came and she got in the water and I have never seen a happier face than hers when she came up out of the water.  Just beaming.  :)  Ahhhh it was perfect.  Then Sorella P and I sang (apparently this is what we do now - we're singing at another baptism this Saturday).  And then on Sunday she was confirmed!  She is seriously incredible.  And then she came to the ricerca again on Sunday and brought her little sister, M., who is ten years old and is also incredible.  This family, man, I tell you what.  So we've decided M. is next...  She just doesn't know that yet.  And neither does her father.  Haha we're working on it.  I'll send pictures from the baptism in another email.

Oh, funny story.  After we sang at the baptism on Saturday, this really, REALLY intense Italian man in our ward, Fratello C., came up to me and said, "Do you have relatives from Italy?"  All intense-like.  (Italians always talk like this - intense-like.)  So I laughed, said no, and he said, "An uncle?  An aunt?  A grandparent?"  Again no.  "Because only people with Italian in their blood can sing like that!"  He's hilarious.  Also, the bishop came up to me randomly on Sunday and asked if I would sing "The Prayer" with him this Friday night at a ward activity.  Haha that should be interesting...  (Spencer, have you been talking to my bishop?  ;))  Anyway, it was a great week and the next one will also be amazing!  Two of the anziani in our ward have a baptism this Saturday, so that should be awesome.  AND we get to go to a special training this Saturday in Lampugnano.  Then next Monday/Tuesday ish we'll find out about transfers!  WHAT?  I know, right?  Crazy.  I love my life.  :)  I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Have the missionaries over for dinner or something!  ;)  AMORE!

Sorella Gunnerson


Sorella Palumbo and me on an empty metro.  This NEVER happens, so we had to take a picture!

N'S BAPTISM!!!!  :)

N. and her family!

I've basically adopted these three girls as my Italian nieces.  I adore them.  We had FHE with them last night and I seriously cannot get enough of them.  And every time we leave their house, little A. (the curly-headed one) says, "Dopo venite?  Dopo venite? - "You're coming after?"  And then I was spinning her around and she kept saying, "Ancora!  Ancora!"  "Again!  Again!"  UGH.  I can't leave them!  They're so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment