Tuesday, December 3, 2013

11.27.13 {week 18}

Family!

Holy smokes, so much to write about!  First things first:  the opera!  Yes, I have officially seen an opera at La Scala and it was AMAZING.  Just amazing. Our seats were awful, but I suppose that's to be expected from 13 euro tickets.  So we just ended up standing in the back.  But it was seriously incredible.  I recommend it.  ;)

Second, we finally heard about transfers late last night and my dear trainer is leaving me!  Sorella P has been called to be a Sister Training Leader in Rimini.  So I am staying here in Milano and getting a new companion!  Her name is Sorella Russell and all we know about her is that she will be starting her fifth transfer.  I'm freaking out slightly because, although I won't be the senior companion, I know the people and the area, so a lot of the pressure falls on me.  So it will be an interesting week!  I'm scared but excited also.  I know that this will give me the opportunity to stretch and grow even more - especially with the language.

This week has been a busy one (I seriously don't know where the time goes).  On Sunday night, the six of us in our district (and ward) decided we were going to go caroling.  So we went to the castle, a couple of metro stops away from the Duomo and we found a spot and just stood there and started singing Christmas songs from the hymnbook.  And then people would stop sometimes and we'd talk to them and give them pass-along cards.  It was fun but SO COLD.  It is so cold here.  Obviously because it's more humid.  But I seriously need to invest in some fleece-lined tights or something.  And a face mask.  Also, gloves would probably be a good idea.  Gosh, you'd think I've never lived in the cold before!  It's just a different kind of cold.  So I'm trying to get used to it.

We taught a lot of lessons this week!  We don't have any solid investigators at the moment, but we're working on it!  It feels like every time we start teaching someone who could be solid, something ends up happening that makes it hard for them to meet with us.  So we try to be really good about daily contacting and trying to get them to at least read a little something in the Book of Mormon each day.  And then we say a lot of prayers.  ;)  What else did we do this week?  Oh!  I made some zucchini cake!  Thanks to Clark's recipe!  I actually have some in a bag with me right now because I'm taking it to Serata Familiare right after this.  AND I experimented with apple instead of zucchini with one of the batches and, not to brag or anything, but it was really good!  And yes, the bishop and I ended up singing at the ward activity on Friday night.  It went well!  I had no idea our bishop could sing like that!  I think everyone was blown away.

Well, that's about all I have time for, but thanks for all the emails this week! I'm still convinced that I have the best support system around.  Try not to have TOO much fun without me for Thanksgiving.  ;)  AMORE!

Sorella Gunnerson

LA SCALA!!!!!


1 comment: