Wednesday, February 19, 2014

02.19.14 {week 30}

"Time never stands still; It must steadily march on, and with the marching come the changes."
-Pres. Monson

Well, transfers happen tomorrow!  And guess what?  I'M TRAINING.  Yeah.  Trust me, no one is as shocked as I was.  This is how it happened:  President came to our ward on Sunday.  We have a baptism a week from today (Yay H.!) and President needed to come and interview him.  So he came and our WML was freaking out (it was kind of really funny).  So he meets with the anziani in our ward first, and then he interviews H. and it goes wonderfully!  Then he asks Sorella Gross to step in the office with him.  We found out some really sad news on Valentine's Day - that Sorella Gross' grandma passed away.  So I assumed he just kind of wanted to talk to her about that and make sure she was okay.  Honestly, transfers were the LAST things on my mind.  Both Sorella Gross and I were positive that we were sticking together for at least one more transfer.  So she's in there for a while and when she comes out she shoots me this really quick frowny face.  I was so confused.  And then he called me into the office.  We started talking about "Life of Pi" and Catholics and all sorts of stuff and then the subject changed to a recent convert that we have.  He really wants her to get to the temple, so we were talking about it and then he said, "The reason I'm telling you all of this is because Sorella Gross will be leaving you this week."  I gasped.  I'm pretty sure I said, "Oh no!"  Involuntarily.  And he kind of laughed and said, "And you'll be getting a new sister.  Sorella Gunnerson, you will be training."  Deer in the headlights.  I was shocked.  I'm still shocked.  I just barely finished being trained!  I thought for sure I wouldn't train for a few more transfers because there are a ton of sisters older than me in mission age.  I've never even been senior comp!  And yet, here I am.  Training.  I, of course, didn't say any of this to President.  I just nodded, attempted a smile, and said okay.  When the anziani found out afterward, they just started laughing - which did not help my confidence!  Haha.  Anyway.  So that's what's going on here.  Tomorrow morning, Sorella Gross and I will take a very early train to Milano (Cimiano!  My home!) where I'll drop her off and head to the training meeting.  Then I'll get my little greenie!  Oh my goodness, I am so nervous.  But I do have a huge testimony of the fact that Heavenly Father doesn't ask us to do things that we cannot do.  Heavenly Father has asked me to do this, so apparently that means that I can.  If you all could just send some extra prayers my way this week (or for the next 12 weeks....) that would be great.  :)  I can do hard things.

In other news, H. will be baptized a week from today!  He is so ready to be baptized and we are so excited for him!  After the interview, President said that he had been taught well, that he has a strong testimony, and that everything was set for the baptism.  The only bummer is that Sorella Gross won't be here for it.  My little greenie is lucky!  She's just walkin' right in to a baptism!  Because the baptism is next Wednesday, we might have to switch our P-day.  So I might end up having P-day on Tuesday or Thursday.  So write your emails early!  ;)  We'll see what happens.

Anyway, I'm quickly running out of time but I love you all a ton and I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!  Ours involved a creeper on the bus (that's not anything new in Torino...) and taking roses and a spiritual thought to some of the widows in the ward.  It was lovely!  (Minus the creeper, of course.)  

I can't believe I'll hit my seven month mark this weekend.  Time really is flying!  Thanks, as always, for the love and support!  AMORE!

Sorella Gunnerson

No comments:

Post a Comment