Wednesday, June 4, 2014

06.04.14 {week 45}

This is going to be a super short email because...not a whole lot happened this week.  I feel like we were mostly just on a bus a lot.  That's what we do these days.  Now that we're over the females of two wards, we're just....constantly on a bus.  It's starting to get old.  And I'm SO over public transportation.  Bring on the car.  But not in Italy.  I don't want to drive a car in Italy.

Comunque, yeah.  We had another lesson with the D. family on Sunday night!  We taught them about the Plan of Salvation and then gave them the soft baptismal invite.  And then the dad was like, "Oh yeah, don't worry, we've all already been baptized in the Catholic church."  And I had to be like, "Yeah......no.  That's great and all, but it doesn't really count."  For those of you who have watched The District...it was basically the same conversation they had with that guy with the bullet wound in his head.  Except for it was in Italian.  And it was a family from the Philippines.  And don't worry, I didn't actually say it like that.  I feel like I was a lot more tactful.  We basically just reminded them of authority and the restoration and the priesthood and all that fun stuff.  I still think it's a little hazy for them, but we're getting there.

We were supposed to have a scambio on Thursday, but we showed up at the train station and there was some train strike somewhere in Italy, so half the trains were cancelled.  And ours happened to be one of them.  These strikes happen all the time here.  Especially for the buses.  At least once a month, we're just out of luck.  Life in Italy!  ;)

Today we just walked around the city with the Collegno Sorelle.  Went to Burgheria.  Oh my goodness, we felt like we were in America.  It was actually a good burger, which is pretty much impossible to find around here.  And the fries!  Oh, the fries.  Just, everyone do me a favor, and go eat a really good burger this week in my name.  Please and thank you.  Anyway, after that we just walked around, ate some gelato, window shopped, actually shopped...  Just a (p-)day in the life.  Hope you're all doing well!  SO happy to hear about the arrival of little Scotlyn.  Can't wait to see pictures!  I hope Heather heals quickly - she'll be in my prayers.  Love you all!  AMORE.

Sorella Gunnerson

BURGHERIA!  We were too embarrassed to take a selfie across the street, so we slyly took pictures in the reflection instead.  Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment