Wednesday, June 25, 2014

06.25.14 {week 48}

Wow, what a week!  Where to begin?

On Thursday we had a scambio with our Sister Training Leaders - Sorella Hoffman and Sorella Jameson who are stationed in Alessandria.  So Hoffman came here with Lawrence and Jameson and I went to Alessandria.  Now, I was super nervous because I knew Alessandria was a biking city.  But thanks to a couple of Saturday mornings at the park with Mitchel and a random night in the church parking lot with Bethany and James I was practically a pro!  I was even riding on streets and stuff!  Up hills!  Down hills!  On cobblestone!  (Okay, so I'm not a pro by any means, but I didn't die, so I'm pretty happy about it.)  I was sore for a couple of days.  And I probably looked like a dork the whole time because I couldn't stop smiling, but it was so fun!  Anyway, it was basically one of my favorite scambios of all time.  And not just because I was on a bike.  I don't know, it was just awesome.  And I got to see my favorite senior couple - the Molinari's!  So the scambio ended on Friday night and I came back here to Torino!

The next main thing that happened this week happened on Monday...  So here's how it works:  if you're training or becoming STL or zone leader, you get a phone call from President or the Assistants on Monday.  If you're a "regular missionary", you get the phone call on Tuesday from the zone leaders.  So we were at a lunch appointment with S. (a member in our ward from Texas - love her) and I kept checking the phone cuz....I dunno.  I couldn't help it.  I wasn't necessarily expecting a call for me, but I knew that if other people in the zone got a call, they would let us know.  And I was starving for information!  So we leave her house at 3 and as we're waiting for the elevator, I finally just decide to call the zone leaders and see if they know ANYTHING.  They didn't.  But we were on the phone for a few minutes and then when I hung up, I look at the phone and it shows a missed call.  But from whom?  PRESIDENT.  I gasped.  And put my hand to my mouth.  And my heart started beating really fast.  So I hurry and call him back and he doesn't answer.  I was dying!  So finally, a half hour later, I get a call from the Assistants and they said, "Pack your bags, Sorella Gunnerson!  God has called you to serve in....Alessandria!"  Me:  "NUH-UH.  ARE YOU SERIOUS?  NUH-UH."  Anyway, I freaked out a little bit.  And then they told me I would be a Sister Training Leader!  So I'll be there with Sorella Hoffman and it's going to be incredible!  I'm stoked.  And I already know a bunch of the members because of the scambio and I already know the city a bit and....basically it's perfect.  So, you may be asking yourself:  What is a Sister Training Leader?  Well, I will tell you.  Basically it's the female version of a zone leader.  So we do scambi with a bunch of sorelle and help with training at zone meetings/conferences and go to a meeting with President and the zone leaders once a month.  It'll be great.  I'm excited.  The strange thing about it, though, is that I'll be STL over Torino, Collegno, and Vercelli - so the three companionships that I was in/serving with for the past 6 months.  Not only that, but Russell and Ervs are staying in Collegno and Lawrence is staying here in Torino.  So I'll be STL for two of my ex-comps.  Super weird.  Ma va beh!  Alessandria is basically inbetween Milano and Torino, but a little south.  So I've decided I'm just gonna be in this same general area for my entire mission.  I'll probably never make it east or south.  But whatever works!  ;)

That's about it for the week.  We had our last FHE last night.  It was bittersweet!  And we'll have our last English class tonight.  I've loved Torino, but I am ready to go to Alessandria!  Anyway, wish me luck this week!  I'll need all the prayers I can get!  Came across this talk this morning during personal study:


Read it!  The church is SO true.  Love it.  And love YOU.  AMORE.

Sorella Gunnerson

Proof that I rode a bike!  Also, the house we had just been in had a lot of cats....hence the skirt.  And the face.

Me with S. and her family!

Last FHE.

Lunch today.  (Try not to be jealous.)  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment