Wednesday, June 18, 2014

06.18.14 {week 47}

Proof that Heavenly Father loves me:  It's been raining in Torino for the past four days.  Everyone's complaining except me!  I'm eating this weather up.  Because I know what's about to happen...

It was a great week!  It started after emails last week when we went to the museum of the Sindone (The Holy Shroud of Turin).  So, basically, there's this shroud with the imprint of (they think) Christ - the cloth he was wrapped in for the three days he was in the tomb.  A. in our English class volunteers during the week at this museum, so he invited us to come and he got us in for free and gave us a tour.  It was pretty cool.  I'm still skeptical, but all of the science behind it is still interesting.  And we didn't even get to see the real shroud, because that only comes out every few years and....this year is not one of those years.  But they had an exact replica, so...ya know.  Basically the same thing.

Thursday was Zone Conference and I SAW MY BABY!!!  Oh, I have missed Tokarski so so so so SO much.  It was so good to see her.  I am so glad she is my descendant.  It was one of the best zone conferences I've been to yet.  We talked a lot about these family history books that they want our new converts and members to start working on.  It was just so good to see so many people.  Also, Pagano, Christiansen, and I did a musical number - "There is a Green Hill Far Away."  Pagano on piano, Christiansen on violin, and me singing.  We actually did it for a baptism a few weeks ago.  It was fun!  I just love zone conferences.

Sometimes doing parco is really frustrating (see last week's email) and sometimes it's super awesome!  Last Friday we met this lady - M. at the park.  We just stood in the midday sun for a good half an hour and talked to her.  She was awesome.  She's super into yoga and feelings and stuff.  When we went to say a prayer at the end of the lesson and I explained how we pray, she saw me folding my arms and was like, "Do I have to do that part?  Because to me, that looks very closed off.  I like to do it like this:"  And then she put her hands palm to palm and got ready to pray.  She was awesome and so funny.  And she just loved us.  She was like, "Wow you guys walk around all day in the sun talking to people about God??  Wait, you're saying this book is free??  Wait, you're saying these English classes are free??"  It was awesome.

Sunday started off with us getting up early to take the bus to F.'s house in order to pick her up and ride the bus with her to church.  Once we got outside her apartment building and called her, she was like, "Oh sorry I can't come."  It was frustrating and I was just really sad.  She was only baptized in December but hasn't been to church for at least the last two months and before that it was very on and off.  But I told her that this Sunday is probably my last in Torino, so she's planning on coming.  Speriamo!

And then on Monday we had our last district meeting of the transfer!  I just love my district!  And there are two Anziani dying next week - Christiansen and Andersen.  It was a bittersweet district meeting.  And then we ate a bunch of brownies and peanut butter cookies and took pictures.  I loved it.  I love these people, dang it!

Anyway, I think that's about it for the week.  Transfers happen next week, so I'll let you guys know in my email next week where (if?) I'm going!  (Cross your fingers for Firenze!  ;))  Who knows?  I could always stick in Torino for another transfer.  Whoo.  That thought makes me really tired.  No, I really do love Torino.  I'm just ready for a change.  (Amy - how did you do it??)  So we'll see.  Wow, I just love this work and I love this gospel.  And I love you ALL!!!  AMORE.

Sorella Gunnerson

P.S. Happy Birthday today, Tiff!
P.P.S.  Happy Birthday tomorrow, Mitchel!
P.P.P.S.  Bible update:  Finished Joshua yesterday.  Slow and steady, people...  ;)

The chapel that's connected to the museum of La Sindone.  The replica of the holy shroud.  And then the ceiling - it's the ascension of Christ.  I loved this painting!


Torino Zone


MY BABY!!!!!


The district and the missionaries in our ward.  Love them!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment