Wednesday, January 15, 2014

01.15.14 {week 25}

Buongiorno from Torino!
Apparently Torino is called The City of the Devil.  So that's a fun fact.  Someone should probably confirm that for me.  It might not be true.  Sometimes Torino is a little scary, but it's all good!  Luckily the Lord is on my side.  ;)
So I guess we should start where we left off!  Last Wednesday was HARD.  I had to say goodbye to so many people I love.  After doing emails, we did some shopping (I looked UNsuccessfully for a sleeping bag coat, but I DID buy the first Harry Potter book in Italian.  So it was an overall sucess.  THANKS SHELLEY!  :)) and then we went to the Church (okay for some reason this computer won't let me type "Church" without it being capitalized.  It's really annoying.  I'm really sorry about that) for my last Serata Familiare.  We usually have a spiritual thought and then a game and treats, but this time the spiritual thought took, like, an hour and a half.  So when the time came to actually say goodbye to people, there was no time!  It was awful!  So I was basically just hugging people while running out the door.  It was probably for the best because it was really hard to say goodbye.  Giulia and I just cried.  It was bad.  I miss her tons.  TONS, I tell you.  And I had to say goodbye to N. and M!  So sad.  And then, after all of that, we missed the metro, so had to wait for a half an hour.  Ah, the life of a missionary.  I stayed up way too late that night packing and writing letters and then finally headed to bed.  I woke up the next morning and we got ready to head to Centrale for the transfer circle.  Basically, all the missionaries just go there and wait for their new comps.  Transfer circle's the best cuz I get to see so many people I love!  Like Sorella Carter!  Ah, she's so great.  And Sorella Harward!  She goes home in two transfers, but we are lifelong friends, so it's no big deal.  Also, she and Sorella Carlock are companions this transfer!  I basically freaked out when I found that out because I love them so much.  We accidentally called them the other night, looking for our Sister Training Leaders.  It was the best accident ever!  Oh, I love them.
Anyway, then I finally met Sorella Gross!  SHE IS AWESOME.  Let me tell you a little bit about her.  She grew up on an Indian Reservation in New Mexico, but she's this little redhead with a British father.  It's awesome.  She trains horses and sings and is so cool.  I just love her so much already.  And she's an awesome missionary.  I'll send pictures.  So we had to take a two-hour train ride to Torino (and by "had to" I mean "IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER" - did you know I've always wanted to ride on a real train?  I finally got to!).  She was in a threesome last transfer and she told me the other sisters had left it kind of messy.  I wasn't too concerned.  Mamma mia, the mess!  So we basically tried to get settled and then headed to correlazione and consiglio.  The ward is awesome here.  Another big one with lots of people interested in doing missionary work.  I love it!  This last week I was able to meet a lot of investigators and less-active members, we set a bap date with one of the investigators (February 22nd - cross your fingers!), and I'm basically just trying to get my bearings here.  We apparently have bikes somewhere at an old apartment, but we don't use them, especially because it is FREEZING here.  So we usually just bus it.  But I bought a sleeping bag coat today!  I'm super excited about it!  Also, whenever people here find out I've only been here for four months, they're shocked!  So I guess that's a good sign that my Italian is improving.  :)  But I've still got a LONG way to go.
Anyway, I think that's about it.  I've got some pictures to send.  But I love you all tons and thanks for everything!  Being a missionary is the BEST.  :)  AMORE.
Sorella Gunnerson

My last night in Cimiano.  :(


Two of my favorite Anziani!


with sorella gross!  on the train!  eating gelato!  doing fun things!


Transfer Circle!  Sorella Harward and Sorella Carter!


No comments:

Post a Comment