Wednesday, January 22, 2014

01.22.14 {week 26}

Ciao ciao.

Well another week has come and gone!  This was probably one of the fastest weeks of my whole mission.  I have no idea why.  I guess I'm just finally getting into the whole swing of things as a missionary.  Yes, it has taken a whole third of my mission (Didja hear that?  I'm hitting my six month mark this week!  Crazy), but I think I'm finally getting there.

The work is progressing!  We've been teaching this little 9-year-old girl who has less active parents.  We thought she had a bap date for February 22nd.  So one morning I had this idea to make her a paper chain with a scripture on each chain, counting down to her baptism (Yes, Bethany, our Christmas chains totally inspired me).  So we worked on it all morning and that night we headed to her house to teach her and we were just talking and I told her how excited we were for her baptism.  Then I asked her if she remembered when her baptism would be.  And her whole family was like, "Yeah!  February 1st!"  So my companion and I looked at each other and we were like, "Yep!  February 1st is right!"  I hurried and ripped off half of the chain under the table and we were good to go!  So we'll have a baptism in about a week and a half.  Her name is A. and she's super cute.  We're excited.

We're pretty sure we met two of the three Nephites the other night.  Disguised as our bishop and one of his counselors.  We had just finished with a lesson and we were in the lobby, looking at a map, trying to figure out how to get to our next lesson.  When, all of a sudden, the bishop and his counselor just happen to walk into this apartment lobby.  We talk for a bit and realize that we're looking at a totally wrong part of the map, so they give us the right directions and then they just leave the building!  It was so weird.  They didn't even see anyone in the building!  It was awesome.

We have a lot of old ladies in this ward who invite us over and let us talk to them about the gospel and then stuff us full of chocolate and tell us to call them "grandma."  They're seriously so sweet.

Today we went to the Egyptian Museum!  It's the second biggest in the world, only second to Cairo.  And now I've been to both!  Anyway, sorry this email is kinda short.  Just livin' the dream here in Italy!  AMORE!

Sorella Gunnerson




gettin fancy and eating green jello out of goblets!

and my favorite wall in our apartment!!

oh hey, italy!



No comments:

Post a Comment