Wednesday, January 29, 2014

01.29.14 {week 27}

My dear family!

Email time is always so stressful!  I have so much to say and so little time!  This week flew by (again - seriously where is the time going?).  :)

Where to start?  First things first:  A's baptism.  Super frustrating.  Okay, so our Ward Mission Leader is awesome, but....for some reason he refuses to let her be baptized this Saturday.  We seriously can't figure it out.   So I'm just gonna have to leave you all in suspense.  Luckily, the zone leaders are the Anziani in our ward and they're totally on our side with this, so we have correlation tomorrow and we're just gonna see how it plays out.  Wish us luck!  She needs to be baptized.  Not just for her, but for her family.

We had one of the best lessons ever this last week.  We have an investigator named H. - he's from Peru (just like basically everyone else in Italy) and he's awesome.  He's the one we set a bap date with a couple of weeks back and he is progressing SO much.  We could tell he was super confused about prophets.  He wanted to know more about Joseph Smith, in general, and about prophets.  So we had this super awesome lesson.  The spirit was so strong.  I explained, in my limited Italian, about Priesthood keys and prophets and all of a sudden you could just see the light bulb turn on in his brain.  It was awesome.  He just kept saying, "I understand now.  I get it now."  Hopefully we won't have problems with his baptism like we're having problems with A.

We had a really great zone training thing yesterday.  We learned a lot about how to be better finders and better teachers.  We also had interviews with President.  I was super nervous, but it went really well.  Everyone had to bring their area books and he told my companion and me that he can tell by our area book that we're really working hard and trying to build up the kingdom here in Torino.  He actually said that if President Monson were to look at our area book, he would say the same thing.  We definitely took that as a compliment.

It's been so cold here lately!  In fact, it started snowing today!  It's so beautiful!  We're thinking about getting the Christmas tree out again.  ;)  I'll send pictures in separate emails.  Thanks for the love and the emails!  AMORE.

Sorella Gunnerson

Beautiful Torino last week and my six month mark!  
Sorella Gross made me stay out of the kitchen 
and then surprised me with six month pancakes!  She's the best.



Today in Torino!  I love my cloudy days. 

love locks on the bridge!

Just doin' some casa!  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment