Wednesday, December 10, 2014

12.10.14 {week 72}

Ciao!

Wow, it has been a CRAZY five days, guys.  Okay, so Saturday we both woke up so ready to get transfer news.  Our bet was that I was leaving and Sorella D'Ambrosio was staying.  Well, President knows how to surprise us!  Sorella D'Ambrosio was really nervous that she was going to leave and I was going to stay, so when we got the call from President he talked to me first and said that I'm headed to Prato!  (Don't worry - I didn't know where it was either...)  He quickly explained that it is 15 minutes from Firenze and it's the old apartment of a senior couple who just headed home and apparently there's a nice parking lot and stuff.  (Have y'all heard?  I'm getting a car tomorrow!)  So I mouth to Sorella D that I'm leaving and she gets this look of relief on her face.  So then I pass the phone to her and he started talking and ... I knew something we weren't expecting was happening because of her face.  Well we're being white washed!  Sorella D is heading over to Bologna to open a companionship!  She is going to be with a sister two transfers ahead of her and they are going to be AMAZING.  So tomorrow, we'll head to Milano, we'll have an hour long training for the car.  And then I'll drive her over to Bologna.  (Seriously, some extra prayers tomorrow would be greatly appreciated...)  In Bologna will be our new comps!  So I'll drop Sorella D off, pick up Sorella Gregg (my new comp!  She came in D'Ambrosio's group, so I'll be bottle breaking her) and we'll head down to Prato.  President said that the drive from Milano to Bologna is easy.  The drive from Bologna to Prato is a little more difficult.  I think he said something about around 25 tunnels???  And lots of hills.  Anyway, it will be interesting.  Haha.  I have a feeling the first impression my new companion has of me is going to be ... psycho driver lady.  Sorella D, on the other hand, can't wait for the drive tomorrow.  :)  I will be over the sisters of Pisa, Firenze, Siena, and Montevarchi.

We had our last day at church on Sunday and I sat by my dear friend, A., and we both just bawled as Sorella D got up to bear her testimony.  Leaving Alessandria is really hard for me.  I can't say that I'm shocked - I was 95% sure I was heading to a new city, but this little city is just so special to me.  I really have made lifelong friends here.  I'm sure Prato will be great.

My birthday started being celebrated at lunch on Sunday!  Ever since C. found out about my birthday a couple of weeks ago, she's been reminding us of this lunch appointment.  So we went and she had a couple of adorable, hand-made gifts at our places.  Then a lovely lunch and a cake after!  With candles!  I think there's a video somewhere of them singing to me.  You guys will watch it someday.  Anyway, it was just really sweet.

On Monday morning I accidentally woke up early and then couldn't get back to sleep because I was so excited that it was my birthday.  #fiveyearsoldontheinside  Mostly I was just itching to open that awesome package that my sisters sent me that I had been saving.  And it was TOTALLY worth the wait.  So awesome.  I also opened a card from Mom and Dad (THANK YOU!) and then there was something else new there.  A letter from Tokarski!  And a gift from my two daughters (Tokarski and D'Ambrosio) that they bought MONTHS ago when they were on a scambio together.  Ha!  I love these girls so much.  It was really touching.  Then Sorella D made birthday crepes, but we couldn't eat them.  (The nutella jar shattered on the ground a few days ago...  Sorella D tried to salvage the nutella but......there was still glass.  As we found out that morning.  Hahaha.)  Then I started getting phone calls and texts from missionaries and members and investigators and EVERYONE.  It was awesome.  (And also due to my dear little Sorella D who apparently sneakily texted everyone to remind them and then erased the texts - all while I was in the shower.)  After studies we had a district meeting and the Anziani brought me cake!  So I got to blow out more candles.  After that we searched for and found sushi.  SO YUMMY.  I forgot how good it is.  And there were lots of Asians there, so you KNOW it was good.  (SIDE NOTE: Apparently Prato is full of Asians!  Literally three different people have told me that.)  After that we went to have a last lesson with our dear investigators C. and F.  We all just cried a lot.  And then we visited Sorella Borromeo one last time and also C. (the Sunday woman).  Then we headed to centro to carol with the Anziani!  After that we all went to a birthday party that the Fillipini threw for me.  (In my defense...I thought we were going over for an FHE with that family.  Haha and then ALL the Fillipini were there and there was a cake with my name on it and it was amazing!  I LOVE ALESSANDRIA.  Have I mentioned that yet?)  And then we went home that night, attempted to pack and slept.

It was an amazing day.

Tuesday was full of more goodbyes and tonight will be the same.  It's kind of the worst.  But I guess I should just be thankful that I know so many wonderful people who making saying goodbye so hard.  Anyway, thanks for all the nice birthday messages!  I'm one spoiled girl.  I'll talk to you guys next week - from Tuscany!  :)  AMORE.

Sorella Gunnerson

Saturday started off like this - I'm going to Prato!

Me and S.

Us and random members.  :)

Birthday lunch after church on Sunday - with C. and L.!

Sorella B. came to lunch too!

C. gave us presents.  :)

Cake #1  (Yeah, I was a little spoiled...)

Me with N., O., and kiddos!

Woke up birthday morning to crepes!  (They came to be known as "death crepes" after finding glass inside them......long story..........)

I also woke up to an incredible package from my lovely sisters!!  Here I am with the banner.  Also, just ask Sorella D'Ambrosio - I was, like, screaming and jumping around when I found the April 18th present.  :)  SO EXCITED.

I would like you all to meet my son, E.  I love this boy SO MUCH and we have a special bond because we look exactly like each other and he looks nothing like his parents.  We're best friends.

Last night with GANS.  :(

Cake #3 (at the birthday party all of the Filippini threw for me!)

#selfie (after caroling the night of my b-day)

Birthday lunch!  Sushi!

C., F., and A.!  Love them.

Me and D'Ambrosio in Acqui Terme - by la bollente!

Me and E.

Me with D. and little S.

Us and F. (her 10 year old daughter was taking the picture haha)

Us and A. and D. at the pizzeria!

Cake #2 (after district meeting)

District Picture - last District Meeting of the transfer

#selfie


No comments:

Post a Comment